Bioidentical Hormone Replacement
What are bioidentical hormones?
Bioidentical hormones are synthetic hormones compounded based on natural precursors such as yams. These hormones look remarkably like the hormones your body naturally produces. Taking bioidentical hormones to replace low hormones helps you look and feel better and can offer many health benefits.
What are bioidentical hormones used for?
Rebalancing and correcting testosterone deficiencies in men and supporting pre- and post-menopausal symptoms in women are where these therapies shine. They are also beneficial alternatives to conventional thyroid replacement and for adrenal support. Common hormones that may be prescribed are:
- Thyroid hormone (Desiccated or compounded thyroid)
Prior to treatment, a practitioner at Elevated Health wellness team will review your medical history and symptoms, complete a physical exam, and use blood or urine testing to find out which hormones, if any, are outside of the therapeutic range.
What are the benefits of bioidentical hormone therapy?
After reviewing the results of your lab tests, our Nurse Practitioner may recommend a bioidentical hormone treatment plan that best matches your personalized needs.
If your hormone levels are imbalanced, you can achieve numerous health and wellness benefits from bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
- Weight loss and a reduced appetite
- Improvements in body composition
- Less body fat and increases in muscle mass
- Improved energy
- Protection against Osteoporosis
- Less depression symptoms
- Reduced hot flashes or night sweats in women
- Better sex drive in both men and women
- Improvements in erectile dysfunction in men
- Enhanced sleep quality
- Fewer symptoms of vaginal dryness in women
- May reduce frequency of urinary tract infections in women
- Improved cognitive function
Today is the best day to make a commitment to feeling good. Do not let hormone imbalance lead to unwanted weight gain, fatigue, embarrassment in the bedroom, or an increased risk of chronic disease when simple and non-invasive solutions are within reach. Schedule an appointment with Elevated Health by phone or online today.